Baseball!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Mets Links

Sorry I have not posted all that often, but as a 19 - year old blogger, I have numerous things I have to take care of on a daily basis. Once I get a job and have a little cash flow, this web site will be up and running at full speed, most likely around spring training of this year! But anyway, here is a list of great Mets content circling aroung the web..

Toby Hyde at Mets Minor League Blog is in the middle of writing a piece on the Mets OF prospect: Kirk Nieuwenhuis.. heres an excerpt from a conversation with Kirk's college coach..

"Obviously, the athleticism stood out right away in terms of his physicality.. great guy, kind of guy you want to hang out with and play with and respected by his teammates…. Good dude"
to read more about Kirk, click here.

Mike Pelfrey thinks it was very important for pitching coach Dan Warthen to be retained by the Metropolitans..

David Wright likes the under the radar signings of Chris Capuano, DJ Carrasco, Ronny Paulino, and Taylor Buchholz... heres a quote from Mets Merized Online..

"“If we do what we’re supposed to do – I think we’ve made some smaller moves that have gone under the radar that I think are going to be good ones for us. Just like any other year I expect to win, and anything less than that is not gonna be good enough for me.”

In case you missed it, the Mets signed pitchers Chris Capuano and Taylor Buchholz to 1-year deals.

The Mets have the #13 pick in the 2011 MLB Draft.

If I missed anything, let me know at moneyball mets at gmail.com!