Baseball!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mets Sign Angel Pagan


The Mets have agreed with OF Angel Pagan on a 1-year contract worth 3.5 Million. Pagan had requested 4 Million, The Mets countered with 3 million and they basically met in the middle on this one. Last year, Pagan filled in brilliantly for Carlos Beltran, and might even force Carlos to move to RF because Pagan's defense is THAT good.

Pagan in 2010: .290/.340/.425 with 31 Doubles, 7 Triples and 11 Home Runs along with 69 RBI and 37 Stolen Bases.. Damn!

Wondering what Angel Pagan had to say about the signing? Here it is..
“For the first time in my career I have a spot on the team,” Pagan said in a statement from the team.  “But I’m not taking anything for granted. I can’t wait for Spring Training to start. I think we’ll be better than people are predicting.”
Terry Collins has lit a fire under his players already and you can tell just by reading the players comments on the upcoming 2011 season. I'm extremely excited.

Below is a video from earlier this month where Pagan talks about the upcoming season. Enjoy!